If you enjoy that feeling of vacillating between laughing out loud (LOLing? maybe even LOLLERSKATING?** Maybe?) and sinking into profound thoughts like 20 times within a single hour, episode 3 with Laura Long is for you.
Laura is a therapist for women and couples in the Greenville, SC area, and chief badass (my words, not hers) at Your Badass Therapy Practice, where she helps other therapists shine their lights even brighter.
On the episode, Laura and I talk about:
- how she developed a sense of radical authenticity
- the lens through which she interprets her faith / spirituality
- why things like tarot and astrology kiiind of frighten her
- the 'x factor' of what makes feeling tiny/insignificant a positive experience rather than a nihilistic, depressing one
- her fascination with relationships
- ...and how we're all still figuring this shit out as we go along
- why we're both obsessed with the movie "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind"
- how she cultivated the culture and space to step back and watch her tribe thrive
To listen to today's episode, you can stream or download from the embedded player below, or find and subscribe in your fave podcast listening app. (And just a note, Apple is being slow AF with getting my new podcast art updated in iTunes, so if you're finding the pod that way, you'll still see art for WholeYou, a former mini podcast venture I did.)
Thanks for listening, and if you dig, please share it with a friend and review the podcast on iTunes!
About Laura Long (LMFT-S)
Laura Long is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist based near Greenville, South Carolina. She specialize in helping couples work through communication issues, sex and intimacy concerns, and those who are dealing with the aftermath of an affair. As the creator of Your Badass Therapy Practice, Laura helps therapists in private practice organize their business systems, streamline their marketing strategies, and fill their practices with the kind of clients they love working with. Laura is best known for her straight-up, no holds barred approach that often includes humor and…colorful language. You can connect with her through her mailing list (sign up at yourbadasstherapypractice.com), where she distills the secrets of successful entrepreneurs in a way that makes practice-building fun.
Mentioned on Today's Show:
- Jennifer Padilla-Burger's podcast "Chai Talk"
- Gladys on Ellen
- Kumail Nanjiani on Twitter and Spotify
- Silicon Valley on Christianity
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (IMDB)
- Death Cab for Cutie - What Sarah Said
- How to Be an Adult in Relationships by Dave Richo
- Tribes by Seth Godin
**I CAN'T HELP MYSELF OKAY