I recently had the privilege of interviewing Sarah Jane Chapman, a massage therapist, yoga teacher, and heart-of-gold human who I am lucky to call a friend.
In the conversation, Sarah Jane and I delved into:
- why she believes “yoga always wins” and how her personal practice and teaching have evolved
- how getting diagnosed with diabetes further complicated her eating disorder
- the practice that was most transformational in healing her mindset from toxic diet culture
- spending time in nature, gardening, sustainable farming, and seasonal eating as ways of connecting with spirituality and honoring our interconnectedness with the earth
- making the tarot relevant and useful in day-to-day life
And just an audio heads up — on the morning we were recording, Sarah Jane was having some laptop issues and used her phone instead for the recording, so there were a few vibrations in the second half of the interview, but not too bad.
To listen to this episode, you can stream or download from the embedded player below, or find and subscribe in your fave podcast listening app.
Thanks for listening, and if you dig, please share it with a friend and review the podcast on iTunes!
About Sarah Jane Chapman
Sarah Jane Chapman was born in Upstate New York where she would spend her days climbing trees and laying in the grass. She started practicing yoga at age 14, which helped her through some of the most difficult times of her life. In 2012, she traveled to Rishikesh, India where she became certified in Hatha Yoga, and shortly thereafter moved to Nashville, Tennessee. Wanting to offer more to students and expand her knowledge of the body, Sarah Jane attended the Mind Body Institute in 2015 to begin her work as a massage therapist. She now offers a plethora of body work and Reiki, as well as astrology and tarot readings. Sarah Jane lives in east Nashville with her husband and pitbull, still climbing trees and laying in the grass. You can follow her wanderings on Instagram @sarahjanechap .
Mentioned on Today's Show:
- Yoga Journal article on ashtanga
- Inhale with Steve Ross
- Karma Kids Yoga in NYC
- Steadfast & True Yoga
- Traveling Mercies by Anne Lamott
- Intuitive Eating
- Food Psych podcast with Christy Harrison
- Against the Stream Nashville meditation center
- The Mind Body Institute in Nashville
- Coming Back to Life: The Updated Guide to the Work That Reconnects by Joanna Macy and Molly Young Brown