You guys are in for a treat with episode 11...
...and not just because the first 90 seconds of the intro is live footage of me freaking the fuck out about just discovering a giant spider near me. I kept it in for your entertainment, and because being in the wild outdoors is a very appropriate introduction for today's guest, Rebecca Trinidad.
Rebecca is a new friend I met earlier this year at a druid gathering in the Louisiana woods. If anyone I've met actually fits the description "radiates goddess energy," it's Rebecca (as evidenced by this photo of her).
In this episode, Rebecca and I talk about:
- what it's like living rural (OMG you guys an hour from the closest Target *hives* jkduh)
- how she first got interested in herbal healing
- the value of bringing herbalism to underserved populations
- WTF is permaculture
- WTF is druidry
- her go-to tarot spread
- her experience of having multiple ethnicities and being called to her ancestral roots
- shamanism and cultural appropriation
- colonialism and the US's fucked up response to Hurricane Irma in Puerto Rico
- what fiction most inspires us
To listen to this episode, you can stream or download from the embedded player below, or find and subscribe in your fave podcast listening app.
Thanks for listening, and if you dig, please share it with a friend and review the podcast on iTunes because it helps more people find it! xx
About Rebecca Trinidad
Rebecca Trinidad is a Hedge Druid living in North Florida. In the face of rising healthcare costs, she studies Herbalism as a way to encourage prevention and wellness at lower cost to the wallet and the body. In her spare time, she performs yoga and dabbles in mystic hobbies such as shamanic journeying, tarot cards and researching comparative mythology.
Oh, and Rebecca does not have a website or social media, which we exchanged some texts about earlier, in summation me saying "I bow to you." If y'all have questions for her, email me [valerie at wonderwelltherapy dot com] or comment on this post, and I will relay them to her for response!
Mentioned on Today's Show:
- How to Change Your Mind: What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us About Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression, and Transcendence by Michael Pollan
- Herbalists Without Borders
- The Order of Bards, Ovates & Druids (OBOD)
- About permaculture
- About Isis, the goddess of healing
- About Horus, an Egyptian God (not to be confused with Horace, your mailman)
- Holistic Tarot by Benbell Wen
- BANGHA by ÌFÉ
- Mitchell discovers the joy of Costco (Modern Family clip)
- Author Brandon Sanderson
- peeps I recommend following on Instagram: @rachel.cargle, @andrearanaej, @gottesss, @wildmysticwoman, @eji_org, @chaninicholas, @powerfemmetarot, @nalgonapositivitypride, @leesareneehall, @fulltimewitch, @wildsoulhealing, @cosmic.cousins, @kaliandkalki
And... my spider friend from the intro. Holy shit you guys, in person it was THE MOST (human for scale)