Lauren Fowler and I are back for episode #2 of WholeYou: The Mind + Body + Spirit Show!
Thank you all so much for your support and comments on our first episode on body image and self-compassion. We really appreciate you taking the time to listen and share your thoughts. If you like the show, subscribe on iTunes to make sure you always get the latest episodes!
We decided to chat about morning routines for our second episode because this is a topic — and a self-care practice — that both of us are hugely passionate about.
Taking time in the morning (even just a few minutes) for self-care can be a powerful way to set up your day rather than rushing into emails and work first-thing. The beauty of it is that you can build a morning routine that will work for YOU and fits your unique needs and personality. So have fun exploring some of the morning rituals we mention, then create a routine that you enjoy!
Hop on over to Instagram and share an image of something from YOUR morning routine with the hashtag #wholeyou!
Lauren and I had a blast chatting in this episode about:
- Our personal morning routines and how they’ve evolved
- The power of movement in the morning
- How to build a meditation practice
- Why sleep is so important for morning routines
- Why flexibility is essential for morning routines
- How to build habits that work for you
- How to discover your natural habit-building tendency – Are you a questioner? Obliger? Rebel? Upholder?
We’d LOVE to hear your thoughts, so if you take a listen, please leave a comment with anything you connected to or any questions or ideas you have.
You can listen on SoundCloud below (streaming or download) or over at iTunes!
[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/221792170" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
Show Notes and Quotes
- Our eBook, Hips, Hunger, & the Pursuit of Healing
- Qi Gong videos
- Miracle Morning book by Hal Elrod
- 8 Ways to Create a Mindful Morning Routine
- Val’s post on waking up early (how to build that habit!)
- 5Rhythms movement by Gabrielle Roth –
- Julia Cameron’s The Artist’s Way book on morning pages – free-write 3 pages each morning
- Meditation Music to use
- Val’s guided meditations (free!)
- SleepCycle app – tracks your sleep
- Gretchen Rubin’s 4 Tendencies Quiz
- Internal Family Systems – all about your “parts”
More from Valerie
- Blog: Waking Up in Wonder
- Instagram: @ValKay (shout out to #wholeyou)!
- Get your free Meditation App Resource Guide and Mind + Body + Spirit Guided Meditation
More from Lauren
- Blog: LaurenFowler.co
- Connect over on Instagram: @LaurenFowlerRDN and tag #wholeyoushow
- Free Break Up with Diets email Challenge
*Music credit for our mini theme song is Little Idea from Bensound.com. Thanks, Ben!