We're now on episode 3 of WholeYou!
Thank you all for your comments and thoughts on our first two episodes. We really appreciate you taking the time to listen and connect with us on these topics so far. If you like the show, remember to subscribe on iTunes so you don't miss one!
In Episode 3, we’re talking about how to deal with difficult or 'unhelpful' thoughts. Just like emotional literacy, this is stuff that we usually are NOT taught in school or as a part of growing up , which is why it’s such an important topic for channels like this podcast.
What we cover in episode 3:
- Why we don't label unhelpful thoughts as "negative"
- How avoidance can make things worse - "What we resist persists."
- Does “thought-stopping” work?
- Why you can't just “affirm” your way out of painful experiences
- Physical, mental, and spiritual tools to help you “defuse” from unhelpful thoughts
- The power of curiosity and just observing your thoughts
- Lauren's experience in a float tank
We’re interested in how you relate to this topic and what resonates with you from this episode — so if you take a listen, please leave a comment with your thoughts, questions, or as always, ideas for future episodes. You can also share your thoughts on social media with the hashtag #wholeyoushow!
So, go ahead and take a listen:
[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/229510300?secret_token=s-7ehRE" params="color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false" width="100%" height="166" iframe="true" /]
Things we mention in this episode:
- Our eBook, Hips, Hunger, & the Pursuit of Healing
- The Antidote: Happiness for People who Can't Stand Positive Thinking by Oliver Burkeman
- The Happiness Trap - How to Stop Struggling and Start Living - A Guide to ACT by Russ Harris
- Acceptance & Commitment Theory
- The Observing Self - Sky & Weather Metaphor
- Float Tank & Sensory Deprivation
- One You Feed Interview with Michael Taft on meditation
More from Valerie
- Blog: WakingUpinWonder
- Instagram: @ValKay
- System Reboot, a new and free 10-day free mini course to help get you back on track
More from Lauren
- Blog: LaurenFowler.co
- Connect over on Instagram: @LaurenFowlerRDN
- Free Break Up with Diets email Challenge
*Music credit for our mini theme song is Little Idea from Bensound.com. Thanks, Ben!