Feeling creatively drained or struggling with clear communication? Take a listen to our WholeYou throat chakra episode.
Episode 10 of the WholeYou podcast is here! See below for the show notes, listen to the show (stream or download) on the embedded SoundCloud box below, or find it on iTunes of your favorite podcast app. Thanks for listening!
Fifth Chakra At-a-Glance:
- Sanskrit Name: Vissudha
- Location: Throat area
- Element: Sound
- Color: Blue
- Issues: Communication, creativity, listening, resonance, finding one's own voice, purification, refinement
- Basic Rights: To speak and be heard
What we Discuss in Episode #10:
- How to know if your fifth chakra is out of balance
- Signs of a deficient and excessive fourth fifth
- Finding your voice and creativity
- Blocks to creativity and how to bring more creativity into your life
- Yoga poses, meditations, and pranayama to balance your fifth chakra
- What resonance means and why it's important with the throat chakra
- Fifth chakra affirmations
Lauren and I are really appreciate you taking the time to listen and share your comments. If you like the show, subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast app, and please take 1 minute to leave us a review on iTunes — it helps us to reach more people, and we'd be so grateful!
Mentioned in this Episode:
- Eastern Body, Western Mind by Anodea Judith
- Quote excerpted from Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert in today's episode
“Possessing a creative mind, after all, is something like having a border collie for a pet: It needs to work, or else it will cause you an outrageous amount of trouble. Give your mind a job to do, or else it will find a job to do, and you might not like the job it invents (eating the couch, digging a hole through the living room floor, biting the mailman, etc.). It has taken me years to learn this, but it does seem to be the case that if I am not actively creating something, then I am probably actively destroying something (myself, a relationship, or my own peace of mind)."
- Mantras on Spotify - My favorite: Lokah Samastah by Kevin Paris
- Morning Pages from The Artist's Way + our previous podcast episode on morning routines (our most popular episode so far!)
Other Episodes in the WholeYou Chakra Series:
- WholeYou Episode #5: Overview of the Chakras
- WholeYou Episode #6: Root Chakra
- WholeYou Episode #7: Second Chakra
- WholeYou Episode #8: Third Chakra
- WholeYou Episode #9: Fourth Chakra
More from Valerie:
- Instagram: @_wonderwell_ (holla with #wholeyoushow)
- Wonder Well on Facebook
- Get your free Meditation App Resource Guide and Mind + Body + Spirit Guided Meditation
More from Lauren:
- Blog: LaurenFowler.co
- Instagram: @LaurenFowlerRDN (tag #wholeyoushow)
- Make Peace with Food free Email Course
*Music credit for our mini theme song is Little Idea from Bensound.com. Thanks, Ben!