My lovely co-host Lauren and I finally sat down to record Episode #11 of the WholeYou podcast, and we're excited to share this one with you! The show notes are below, and you can listen to the episode (stream or download) on the embedded SoundCloud box below, or find it on iTunes of your favorite podcast app.
Sixth Chakra At a Glance:
- Sanskrit Name: Ajna
- Location: In between eyebrows (third eye)
- Element: Light
- Color: Indigo
- Issues: Image, intuition, imagination, visualization, insight, dreams, vision
- Basic Rights: To see
What We Discuss in Episode #11:
- How to know if your third eye chakra is out of balance
- Signs of a deficient and excessive sixth chakra
- How to switch your perspective and experience miracles daily!
- Yoga poses, visualizations, and using drishti (gaze) to balance your sixth chakra
- Other healing practices, including dreamwork, stories, art,
- How light can help support the third eye
- Why beauty can be an overlooked spiritual value
- Sixth chakra affirmations
Mentioned in this Episode:
- Eastern Body, Western Mind by Anodea Judith
- Exploring metaphors, stories, and myths from the books Women who Run with the Wolves by Clarissa Pinkola Estes and Eating in the Light of the Moon by Anita Johnston
- Pink's acceptance speech at 2017 MTV VMA's
- John O'Donohue's book Beauty: The Invisible Embrace
- Read more about drishti gaze here and here
- Yogaland podcast
- Quote in the episode (from Anodea Judith's Chakra Activation course)
“The name of this chakra, Ajña, means both “to perceive” and “to command.” To perceive is to see or recognize a pattern; to command is to hold a picture in your mind as a guiding template for manifestation. It is important to be conscious of these internal pictures so that you create from clarity and intention rather than illusion.
One way to look at this is to imagine your internal pictures as a set of blueprints. A builder builds a house according to the blueprint provided. The raw energy that is swirling into manifestation around you is commanded by your inner blueprint—with or without your conscious attention. If you visualize and focus on the images you would like to manifest, you are more likely to create a positive outcome…. Unfortunately, many of us carry negative images—about our bodies, our self-worth, or about the future. These negative images also influence manifestation, sometimes quite powerfully. Whatever you focus on has a way of increasing. If you focus on negativity, you draw it toward you. If you focus on your blessings, they will multiply.
This chakra, with its intuition, dreams, symbols, and insights, helps us navigate through life. When using a map, we experience those wonderful “Aha!” moments when we are able to match a place on the map with a street sign or landmark. Only then can we really begin to find our way—so too with the sixth chakra, which we might call the “compass” that orients us as we navigate through life."
Other Episodes in the Chakra Series:
- WholeYou Episode #5: Overview of the Chakras
- WholeYou Episode #6: Root Chakra
- WholeYou Episode #7: Second Chakra
- WholeYou Episode #8: Third Chakra
- WholeYou Episode #9: Fourth Chakra
- WholeYou Episode #10: Fifth Chakra
More from Valerie (moi):
More from Lauren:
*Podcast intro/outro music from Bensound.com. Thanks, Ben!