This episode closes out our chakra series with a discussion about the crown chakra — we hope you've enjoyed this series as much as we have! See below for the show notes, listen to the show (stream or download) on the embedded SoundCloud box below, or find it on iTunes of your favorite podcast app. Thanks for listening!
Seventh Chakra At a Glance:
- Sanskrit Name: Sahasrara
- Location: Crown of the head
- Element: Thought
- Color: Violet
- Issues: Belief systems, meaning, higher power, union, consciousness
- Basic Rights: To know and to learn
What we Discuss in Episode #11:
- How to know if your crown chakra is out of balance
- Signs of a deficient and excessive crown chakra
- Thoughts on consciousness
- Yoga and healing practices to balance your crown chakra
- How to move way from self-help obsessions and TOO much learning
- Crown chakra affirmations
My co-host Lauren and I are really appreciate you taking the time to listen and share your comments. If you like the show, subscribe on iTunes or your favorite podcast app, and please take 1 minute to leave us a review on iTunes — it helps us to reach more people, and we'd be so grateful!
Mentioned in this Episode:
- Eastern Body, Western Mind by Anodea Judith
- Yogaland podcast with Jill Miller
- The Liturgists Podcast - Paranormal episode
- Adios Barbie
- Linda Bacon's Health at Every Size work
- Embodied Recovery training
- Quotes in the episode by Anodea Judith
“The act of individual consciousness reflecting upon its own immensity is the mystery of the crown chakra. To realize that consciousness flows through every quantum of life around us, and to behold the same presence within our consciousness, this is enlightenment… to become aware of our own consciousness is to witness a miracle."
"The separation of spirituality from the rest of life leaves us spiritually homeless. In reflection of the archetypal divorce between Earth Mother and Sky Father, we are taught to seek enlightenment by denying the basic nature of our biological existence. Denying our basic nature in order to achieve unity is a contradiction steeped in dualistic thinking, which will never lead to unity or wholeness. The seventh chakra is about merging with divine consciousness and realizing our true nature."